It’s 60 degrees and I’m sitting here at Starbucks with my laptop, my grande coffee with cinnamon & nutmeg, thinking and writing. And I can’t help but feel this overwhelming joy as I ponder all the lovely things I want to write about. I’m currently working on posts about the Alsace Region of France, a guide to Munich, and a series of people who inspire me. I might also begin guest posts because there are so many people around me who have intriguing and authentic voices that I think you might also enjoy. There’s endless possibility here. I think that’s why I love blogging so much.
While in Ohio last weekend, I kept giddily exclaiming to Eric “OH MY GOD OH MY GOD, I’m so HAPPY! This weather!!! Look outside! Let’s go jump in the leaves!” He stopped and looked at me with this amusing grin and replied, “Wow, it really is the little things, isn’t it?”
YES. The little things. While the big picture things like our relationships, our beliefs, our purposes, and what we do, make up the core of who we are and how we live our lives- it’s just those little things that tie everything together. I think it’s important to remember those little things. Even the ‘littlest’ of things.
So I’m beginning a series of notes that I’ll intersperse between other posts of 10 Things That Make Me Happy. No matter how ‘little’ ;)
Ten Things That Make Me Happy
- The smell of a campfire on a cool Autumn day
- Handwritten Mail
- Discovering a new recipe
- A Photograph that brings you right back to a nostalgic moment
- Carving pumpkins & baking the seeds
- Taylor Swift’s video for Begin Again
- A Hug from a Toddler. I really don’t think there is anything that can compare to that.
- Taking a run while you’re lost in thought and not realizing how insanely far you’ve gone.
- Sisters. Mine are kind of the best kind.
- Dark chocolate & red wine on a Friday night. Especially after a long week.
I could probably write a list of a million things but then it would go on for days and I don’t even know if this blog could support a post so long. Or if I would have any readers again. So I’ll just break it up into a series of posts. I kind of like series a lot ;) We can add that to the list.
I hope you’re enjoying your Wednesday morning as much as I am. Happy Hump Day :)