It’s been a bit dreary lately here in Austin and when you live in a place where it is hot so often, this change is welcomed with open arms. Especially when you’re from Chicago. It feels like home. When the weather is like this, I have zero guilt being inside reading and writing. And the dogs lay by my feet as I type away and I feel at peace. I’ve been listening to George Winston’s ‘December’ soundtrack which is totally acceptable now that it is November. I can’t help but think of things that make me happy about this month.
So here it is, my Happiness List Part II: (if you missed part I, here it is)
- George Winston & a Cup of Tea
- Lighting all the candles in our house
- Gathering in a circle with family at Thanksgiving and singing “Piano Man” by Billy Joel
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon & Pumpkin Pie
- The lightheartedness of looking forward to a holiday that is simply about celebrating life & its blessings
- Christmas Lights & Festive Decorations. You know they begin this month…
- Fall Wreaths on Front Doors
- Sweater Socks & Early morning Coffee
- Football at the park (observing of course)
- Putting up our tree after Thanksgiving (although the past few years we have snuck it up a bit early…we love our holidays)…
- The day after Thanksgiving- we get up and sit by a fire and listen to Christmas music in the morning. We usually go to the Christkindlmarket downtown in the afternoon.
- The sound of the trees ruffling in the wind with the last of their leaves…
We’re heading to Chicago for Thanksgiving this year and leave 2 weeks from today. I cannot wait for all the fun family festivities. I love you, November.