Hi Gals! How’s your week going? I made it out to a friend’s on Monday for some much needed girl time while E watched Charlie. It was so nice to get out of the house and sip some champagne with friends! Eric just ordered some costumes for us to wear to a Halloween party this Friday night. He’s never been into Halloween or dressing up (he was a banana for 3 years in Chicago purely because I made him buy a costume) so I’m pumped he’s taking initiative this year and planning for us! I usually get creative and think of something but I haven’t had the energy this year. So yay for a hubby who is excited. Holidays are the best.
Now let’s talk about some fall coats, shall we? It’s going to be 65 on Friday and we’ll definitely be breaking out some long lost layers. I’ve never been one to wear a trendy coat as much as I’ve always wanted to. They are often an investment piece and I didn’t want to spend a pretty penny. But there’s something about a gorgeous fall coat that makes an outfit look sophisticated and a woman put-together. You can get away with wearing a t-shirt and jeans and the coat will make your outfit. And many coats I’m loving are timeless. Especially a long trench or gray peacoat. Last year I scooped up the coziest gray wool jacket from J Crew Factory and I’m excited to let you know it’s back in stock ;) It transitioned me perfectly from fall into winter and I received so many compliments on it!
Here are 8 Coats I’m crushing on right now:
1.The Vail Parka 9 (J.Crew Factory)– I have this and LOVE IT! Finally bit the bullet and invested in a piece I’ll wear in years to come. It’s stunning and worth every penny. Kind of loving it in heather stone too ;)
2. Double Breasted Pea Coat (Nordstrom)– This baby is under $40 and comes in 5 colors. Would be so cute with a festive scarf!
3. Park Peacoat (J.Crew)- You can never go wrong with J Crew & fall favorites. Loving this pretty gray coat that comes in 7 colors and has sizes for petite and tall women!
4. Herringbone Blazer (Madewell)– I love the texture and silhouette of this pretty herringbone blazer. It’s an outfit in of itself with jeans & some cute mules! Sophisticated & edgy.
5. Tweed Topcoat (J.Crew Factory)– This coat is gorgeous. Loving the gray color and wool texture.
6. Wool-blend duffle coat (Abercrombie)– Fur hoods are my favorite! This coat looks so cozy and also comes in navy or red.
7. Wool-blend double breasted coat (Nordstrom)– How pretty is this shade of pale pink? I love the double breasted look. This also comes in winter white or black.
8. Twill Peacoat (Nordstrom)– This is probably my favorite coat of the group. That olive color is stunning and would look gorgeous with denim & booties. Want want want!
Have you invested in a coat you love?
Have a marvelous Wednesday!