Hi Friends! We have a little ‘cold front’ rolling through and I’m totally living on Cloud 9. I’m kind of laughing though, because a cool front this time of year means mid 80s with some cooler temps in the AM. But hey, an opportunity to sip a pumpkin spiced latte & dream of autumn weather always is fun for me :) Sweater weather, I see you ;)
There are many things I look forward to about fall. Clearly. An Autumn Girl has her favorite things about her favorite season. I love the smell of pumpkin spiced candles and taste of cinnamon coffees. The ‘Autumn’ soundtrack by George Winston on a crisp morning is my favorite way to start the day. And I cannot get enough of the sweaters, booties, scarves, football season, and fall color.
Regardless of temperature, there are a few ways to get ready for fall fashion besides pulling out all your sweaters. Stripes, mules, and changing out the bright colors for more muted tones is one way to start and I absolutely love transitioning with denim. Safe bets for your wardrobe include grey tops, dark jeans, stripes, and of course a cute pair of booties or two ;)
What I love about fall and the transition to cooler weather is being able to layer many different things. For a warmer day, a casual stripe tee with jeans and booties is a simple fall look. But if it gets chilly, throwing on a long cardigan and cozy scarf is so easy. A fedora is an easy way to top off and outfit, even if its just cutoff shorts and a cute top. It gives it a bit of a polished look. But my favorite is pairing together key pieces with fall tones such as tope, gray, black, white, burgundy, and blush pink.
What’s your favorite way to prepare for fall?
Shop More Favorites:
1.Halogen Ruffled Sweater– I adore this in blush! So cozy & chic
2. Sleeveless scoop neck sweater– Perfect for those warm fall days, yet cozy look. Currently 40% off :)
3. Halogen Tie Hem Sweater– Wear it with jeans + mules and you’re good to go! Adore the hem tie :)
4. Madewell Denim Jacket– Madewell always does it well. Love the color and length of this jean jacket!
5. Tassel Mules– just bought these and they are a personal fave! On sale for 40% off. Order a half size up! They run small.
6. Denim Skirt– These are SO in right now and the cutest with a cozy sweater or tee. This one is $55.
7. Moto Leigh Ripped Skinnies– I LOVE these and they’re perfect with stripes & denim. Currently 25% off!
8. Vince Camuto Lace Up Sandal– wear these with the cuuuutest with a pair of distressed skinnies & simple sweater- heyoooo.
9. Bow tie Maddy Mule– Such a cute work to play mule! And only $69.95 :)
10. Ruffle Chino Jacket– Adore these details! So cute with stripes :)
That’s all for me! It’s been busy over here and I’m not mad about it. Stay tuned for some fun posts coming soon including a guest appearance from my sister ;) Wishing you a wonderful week!