Today’s Inspiration Post is dedicated to my Best Friend: the ‘rift to my raft’; the ‘PB to my J’; the ‘helter to my skelter’; the ‘hocus to my pocus’; the other half of me– Lizabeth. Many of you who know me or have followed me on social media are aware of who Liz is, but let me tell you a few things you may not know.
- She has a peekapoo named Louie who can wave hello & goodbye, per her training
- She’s left handed. I don’t know why but that is a trait that is ALWAYS cool to me.
- She lived in Singapore when she was little.
- She was a hair model back in high school and currently has commercials WORLDWIDE for Crest. Hollaaaaaa. Vid here (sorry not sorry, boo bear)
- Per above comment, we call each other ‘boo bear’ or Boo for short. And it comes with a wicked awesome Booooooo voice too. Don’t cringe. You’re just envious.
- She loves to dance on couches. And slap the ceiling. All while jamming out to ‘Rich Girl’… it’s precious. And hasn’t been seen in years! Can we bring that back?
- Along with that, she’s a Karaoke Queen. Her father-in-law gave her a glitter glam mic as a Rehearsal Dinner Gift. This is serious stuff, folks!
- She’s a total romantic with a heart of gold and married one of the most thoughtful and rockstar guys ever. And they are PERFECT together.
- She had her bridesmaids perform a dance to “Shake It Off’ by Taylor Swift at her wedding. It was awesome.
- She’s never late. Anywhere. Like ever.
- Sometimes Sunday mornings just scream Champagne…
- Sparkles make her happy.
- She is very modest about her gifts and talents… But her Dad would be happy to show you her portfolio! (I may or may not have begged)
- She’s drop dead gorgeous on the outside (DUH- you’ve seen the pics), but also one whose inner beauty, thoughtfulness, strength, humor, courageousness, & love, never fails to touch and impact every person who is important to her.
Liz is one of those people who sets her mind to something and just makes it happen. She’s a ‘go-getter’… She moved to Baltimore and within weeks of living in her new city, found a teaching job. She decided she wanted to take her doodling to the next level and start taking calligraphy more seriously. So she set up an instagram and started writing on the reg. She’ll have an etsy shop available come this winter. I’ll definitely keep you posted. In the meantime, head to Instagram and check out her work through @lizzylovesletters
She is also incredibly thoughtful. In fact, I don’t know that I know someone more thoughtful. From handwritten mail to texts checking in when I’m sick… Homemade confetti cards for E & My Anniversary… and gifts like my favorite picture I’ve taken abroad made into a canvas– she just thinks of everything. She’s the person I call when I have something important to discuss. Or nothing important at all and just want to talk. Or babble. We like to babble sometimes. It’s fun.
We overlapped living in Chicago together for four years and those years were some of the best of my life! Young twenties… carefree. New in the working world. Living only blocks from each other at one point. Big city. Big dreams. Though we have started wonderful new chapters as married ladies (did I just age us?) in new cities, I certainly miss memories of dog walks, birthday parties, Christmas festivities in the city, hanging at the beach, ‘Brickhouse’ get togethers, nights on the town, dinners cooked in… the list goes on and on.
These current years consist of travel to see one another. And though its been so fun to see each other in our new homes and adventure together, sometimes I miss being just 5 minutes away. We’ll see what the future holds.
Thanks for being such an inspiration, through & through, Lizzers! I don’t know my life without you!
Cheers to Friendship that becomes Family.